Web Site Publisher
the easiest and quickest way to publish your website ...
Web Site Publisher is a free tool which will publish (i.e. copy or upload) the web site you develop on your computer to the web. Once your site is on the web you can make changes to the copy on your computer knowing that Web Site Publisher will update to the web just those parts that you have changed.
Web Site Publisher is an intelligent FTP publishing tool and can be used to publish any web site that would normally be uploaded using FTP. It is intended for Webmasters who just want to get their site updated with a minimum of effort and fuss and in the shortest time possible. It is compatible with virtually all HTML web design tools. It is designed to be as fast and as efficient a means of publishing a website as possible and it is totally free!
Key features are:
- Simple - Single click to update a website and doesn't require any technical expertise.
- Intelligent - Only uploads files that need updating. Either because they are new or have been edited. (It is also intelligent enough to spot if a file has been deleted using another FTP client and upload it.) This significantly reduces the time to update a website.
- Smart - Deletes files from the web site that no longer exist in the source directory. This feature can be switched on and off, although normally it would seem sensible to allow it to delete obsolete files.
- Extensible - Supports multiple web sites - so you can use Web Site Publisher to update more than one web site (on different servers).
- Helpful - Automatically scans your local html source files to see if a website has changed and therefore is in need of begin published. This is done before a connection to the server is established.
- Hassle free - removes the hassle of working out what changes need to be uploaded.
- Timely - Automatically adjusts for any time zone and time drift differences between the local computer and the FTP server.
- Supports both dial-up networking and permanent (broadband) internet connections. If desired a web site can be associated with a specific dial-up account. This allows Web Site Publisher to determine automatically which web sites can be updated for the current connection. This is useful if you look after more than one web site and especially if a web site can only be updated when connected on a specific dial-up (or LAN/broadband) connection.
All this and its free!!
Web Site Publisher runs under MS-Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000.
To download Web Site Publisher: follow this link to download it now.
Awards and Ratings
The following awards have been awarded to Web Site Publisher:
Web Site Publisher is free and it is intended that this tool will remain free for the foreseeable future. There are two ways you can support the continuing development of Web Site publisher:
- A link back to this site is a great way to show your appreciation for the tool. Any link is appreciated, or suggestions for links can be found in the FAQ article Can I link to you?
- Make a donation towards the development costs - every donation helps to keep Web Site Publisher free.
Your support is appreciated.
Please select from the following links below for more information:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to questions others have asked.
- Future Enhancements
See what enhancements are currently planned for the future. Is there anything missing that you would like to see?
- Release History
Shows the history behind Web Site Publisher.
Web Site Publisher should be trouble free, but occasionally there are problems. Look here for known issues and what to do about them.
If the web publisher tool isn't exactly what you were after you may be ready to consider shared web hosting. This review of hostgator and bluehost from Retz design is a fantastic resource.