- Daylight Saving Time. A system where the local clocks are advanced by an
hour during the summer to make better use of the sunlight hours. Also known
by different names in different countries, although "Summer Time"
is common (e.g. BST = British Summer Time).
In Europe (according to the European directive 2000/C 337 E/18) the official change time is 01:00 hours GMT. It is 02:00 hours in America.
Contributed by Doug Riley.
For more information see:
- www.timeanddate.com/time/aboutdst.html - About Daylight Saving Time.
- http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/ - About Daylight Saving Time
- http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/eu.htm - Europe Summer Time.
- http://everything.explained.at/Daylight_saving_time/ - Daylight saving time explained.