Comprehensive List of Meta Search Engines
This page aims to provide a comprehensive list of meta search engines available across the world.
- A specialist meta-search engine for file extensions. Provides a search across many different file extension lists on the internet. If you need to know about a file extension then this is probably the best place to start.
- Monster crawler. Searches Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask, as well as returning search results from sponsors.
- Meta search engine that uses Google, Yahoo and Live Search, and is available in a wide range of different languages. Seekky also provides access to other tools: an address locator (locating an address on a map), routing tool (for generating a route on a map from A to B), a translator and other tools.
- Uses Ask Jeeves, Lycos, MSN and others.
- Search engine meta-search engine, which also provides email, photo sharing, news and other services. It is unclear which search engines crawler.com uses and they do not make this information public.
- Uses Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, About, LookSmart, Overture and FindWhat. Engines used may change over time.
- Not a true (meta-)search engine, but a portal to a wide number of search engines.
- Fast and transparent meta-search engine in Swiss quality. Simultaneously queries major Swiss, German and international search engines with one click. Also supports mobile devices.
- Uses Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Meta-search engine and directory. Meta-search fetches search results from Bing, Yahoo, Entireweb and Gigablast.
- Uses: AOL, Altavista, Excite, Fast Search, Goto, Hotbot, Infoseek, Live Directory, LookSmart, Lycos, MSN, Snap, Webcrawler and Yahoo.
- Provides a very unique way of displaying results, which does make it stand out from the crowd.
- Less waiting primarily serves search results from EntireWeb, but also includes some results from Search Hippo, Delicious and ExactSeek feature listings.
- Searches Yahoo, Bing, and Ask.
- Uses Google, Yahoo and Bing. Search engines used may change over time (and have changed in the past).
- Meta search engine that collects search results from Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask Jeeves. Also includes a live chat facility to chatting with other users with similar searches.
- Uses Snap, Direct Hit,Yahoo, Lycos, Inktomi and others.
- Provides results from AllTheWeb, Yahoo and MSN.
- Uses Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.
- Uses Google, Yahoo and Bing. Also allows searches across jobs, classified, RealEstate, and others.
- Uses Google, Yahoo and Bing. Presents the results in an graphical style, to illustrate which results are shared between which of the three search engines.
The following are not browser based meta-search engine, but are installable software. They do otherwise provide similar functionality:
- WebFerret (Windows platforms only) searches using a number of search engines and presents the results as a single (although often lengthy) list. Free.
- iMetaSearch is a Windows based meta search tool that automatically
creates topics of related results and a word/phrase index using Latent
Semantic Analysis (LSA). What makes it unique is that all the results,
topics and words are linked together based on LSA computations so that check
marking any result, topic or word, finds related ones.
Both a free and paid (professional) versions are available. The free version uses Google and limits results to 100. The professional (paid) version uses a number of additional search engines and imposes no limits on the number of results.
- Copernic Agent is a downloadable meta-search engine which is run locally on your PC. There are three versions, Basic, Personal and Professional. The Basic version is free, the Personal and Professional versions provide many more options (such as broken link removal so you should not see results where the page no longer exists, categorisation of results and more).
To report errors or omissions please e-mail email@example.com.