Remote Desktop Control Software Selection Wizard
This page is part of the remote desktop control software selection wizard. If you have ended up here accidentally then please follow this link to restart the wizard.
You have provided the following answers to the remote desktop control selection wizard:
- Thinking about the computer that you want to remotely control, what
operating system does it run?
You answered: "Windows (any version)"
- Thinking about the computer that you want to remotely control, is it
protected by a firewall?
You answered: "There is no firewall between the computer to be controlled and the computer that it is to be controlled from and they are both on the same local area network" or "The computer is protected by a firewall and I can configure it to allow access."
- Do you want (or are you likely to want) to be able to control the
computer from across the internet?
You answered: "No, I have no need to be able to control the computer across the internet."
- VNC will run under any version of windows. (RDC will run under Windows XP or 2000/2003 server.)
- For a local area network (LAN), neither VNC or RDC should require any special configuration and should work without problem.
The information on this page, and the information contained in the review pages, is believed to be correct. If you find any errors or omissions please report these via e-mail to: email@example.com.