- Organic Light Emitting Diode (Organic-LED).
An OLED is a low-power LED, based on carbon-based molecules instead of semiconductor technology. OLED displays can be brighter, lighter, more flexible and more efficient than traditional LCD displays.
For more information see:
- www.oled-info.com - Site focusing on Organic LEDs.
- www.oled-display.net (or www.oled.at for German version of site)
- http://science.howstuffworks.com/oled.htm - Article on how OLEDs work.
- http://everything.explained.at/Organic_light-emitting_diode - Organic light-emitting diode explained.