- 1. Computer Aided Design.
The use of computer based systems to assist (aid) in the design of things.
For more information see:
- links to CAD resources on the internet.
Contributed by Kenneth Nellis.
- http://everything.explained.at/Computer-aided_design/ - CAD explained.
- www.caddprimer.com/library/ - links to CAD resources on the internet.
- 2. Computer Aided Dispatch, or Computer Assisted Dispatch. A computer based system for dispatching (or helping with the dispatch of) vehicles to provide some service. Computer Aided Dispatch systems might be used for example by emergency services or taxi services.