.svc file extension
- WCF web service definition file.
A .svc file is a text file, which contains the information required to allow a WCF service to run. The contents of the file indicate:
- The development language used to create the web service. This is typically C# or VB.
- The name of the service.
- Where the code for the service resides.
.svc files are widely regarded as the successor to .asmx (web services source) files.
For more information see:
- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa751792.aspx - Deployment an Internet Information Services hosted WCF service.
- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733766.aspx - How to host a WCF service in IIS.
Can you add to this? Do you know of any applications not already listed which will work with .svc files, view .svc files or open .svc files? Are you able to contribute any additional reference information or file format information about .svc files or have you spotted any errors or omissions? If so please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you.