Web Page Tune Up
Web Page Tune Up is a tool for analysing and improving an individual web page. Future enhancements planned but not incorporated in this release:
- Provide the option to remove the "GENERATOR" meta-tag from files. This tag is inserted by html editors to show which editor is used but serves no real purpose. Removing it will result in a small decrease in file size.
- Ability to edit the dead word list.
- Change the maximum keyword count (i.e. the maximum number of times a word may appear in the text before it is regarded as spamming) to a percentage of the words in the document rather than a single numeric field. The current approach is biased towards small files.
- On-line help.
- Generation of an html style report on the page viewed.
- Dead-link detection (for local files).
Please e-mail other ideas for enhancement to firstname.lastname@example.org.