Computer Management: You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on SERVER-NAME
When using Computer Management invoked (via Server Manager) on a remote server, and clicking on "Disk Management" the following error is displayed:
You do not have access rights to LOgical Disk Manager on SERVER-NAME.
Where SERVER-NAME in the above is the name (or IP address) of the hyper-v server you are trying to manage.
- Run "Component Services".
You can either find "Component Services" in the start menu (Windows 10) or open a command prompt and type "dcomcnfg".
- Navigate to Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer
- Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties".
- Select the "COM Security" tab.
- Under "Access Permissions" click the [Edit Limits...] button.
- Against "ANONYMOUS LOGON" check to allow Remote Access.
- Click [OK] twice to save.
About the author: Brian Cryer is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.