Cry How To...
Create Windows 2000 set-up disks
The Windows 2000 set-up disks can be created from the Windows 2000 (workstation or server) cd. These disks can then be used to set-up Windows 2000 on a workstation (or server).
The steps required are:
- Start-up an operating system (dos, wfw, windows 9x or NT)
- Insert the W2K installation CD
- Start a command session (command.com or cmd.exe if NT)
- Move to the BOOTDISK folder on the CD:
- Run the command:
- You will be asked to insert 4 blank pre-formatted disks
These notes have been tested with Windows 2000.
About the author: Brian Cryer is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.