Cry How To...
Create windows NT 4 set-up disks
The Windows NT 4 set-up disks can be created from the Windows NT (workstation or server) cd. The steps required are:
- Start-up an operating system (dos, wfw, windows 9x or NT)
- Insert the NT installation CD
- Start a command session (command.com or cmd.exe if NT)
- Move to the i386 folder on the CD.
- If you are running NT or Windows 9x enter the command:
Any other 16 bit operating systems type:
- You will be asked to insert 3 disks
These notes have been tested with Windows NT4.
About the author: Brian Cryer is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.