SQL Server Troubleshooting
SQLServer fails to start
SQL Server fails to start.
Possible Causes and Remedies:
- The properties of SQL server service are incorrect. Remedy:
- Check the properties of the SQL Server start-up service in ‘Services’
in Control Panel are correct. SQL Server will not start automatically
unless the service is set to automatic start.
- Check that the account used to run the SQL Server service is
correct. Try to start the SQL Server process, if a logon error is
returned then either the account or password specified is invalid.
- The SQL server files are corrupt. Remedy:
- If the SQL server files are corrupt reinstall SQL server.
These notes are believed to be correct for SQL
Server 7 and may apply to other versions as well.
About the author: Brian Cryer
is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he
develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing
IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.