MySQL Notes ...
These are a collection of how-to notes I've made whilst working with MySQL:
How to ...
- Add a column to a table if not exists
- Backup a MySQL database
- Change the charset and collation order for a MySQL database
- Connect to a MySQL database using the mysql command line tool
- Create user if not exist
- Determine which version of MySQL you are connected to
- Get or reset AUTO_INCREMENT
- List all the connections
- List all the databases
- List all the fields in a table
- List all the indexes on a table
- List all the tables in a database
- Performance tune the table cache
- Rename a database table
- Rename a database table field
- Run a database script from the command line
- Troubleshooting: Default storage engine (InnoDB) is not available
- Troubleshooting the error: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)
- Troubleshooting the error: Incorrect string value ... for column ...
- Troubleshooting the error: MySQL server has gone away
About the author: Brian Cryer is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.