Cry Exchange How To...
How to allow an account to receive email for two or more email addresses
A user can be configured to receive email on any number of email addresses.
To add a new email address to a user:
- Log on to the server running exchange server. (This is necessary because Active Directory Users and Computers does not display the necessary "E-Mail Addresses" tab if you try this from a different server.)
- Run Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Navigate down to the user account.
- Open the properties for the user account.
- On the "E-Mail Addresses" tab add click the button [New ...]
- Select "SMTP Address" and click [OK]
- Enter the new new email address that you want the account to receive.
- Be sure not to set any of these new ones to be the primary for the account, or this will change the email address of the user when he/she sends out email.
These notes have been tested with Exchange Server 2003.
About the author: Brian Cryer is a dedicated software developer and webmaster. For his day job he develops websites and desktop applications as well as providing IT services. He moonlights as a technical author and consultant.